Freshly chopped apples make for a Christmas cake that’s moist and naturally sweet. Below is the Christmas Apple Cake Recipe.
Apple Cake Ingredients:
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cups finely chopped apples
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Apple Cake Baking Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2) Bring apple juice to a boil over high heat in a small pot; add currants, cover, and remove from heat. Soak 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with each addition. Add apples, brandy, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and nutmeg; beat. Add currants and soaking juice; beat. Add flour and soda and beat on a low speed until just mixed. Stir in pecans.
4) Transfer to prepared pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan; invert onto serving platter and cool completely before serving.
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”0761117199″ cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”chricakerec0c-20″]
Back to the Christmas Cake Recipes home page.
[recent_posts type=”post” count=”3″ offset=”1″ orientation=”horizontal” fade=”true”]