Here’s a Christmas cake done without any traditional flour. Find almond flour at your local health food store, and keep it on stock for just such baked recipes. This one’s divinely sweet and just a bit nutty following our Gluten-Free Christmas Cake Recipe.
Gluten-Free Christmas Cake Ingredients:
- 2 clementine oranges, quartered
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cups chopped pistachios
Gluten-Free Christmas Cake Baking Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Light grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
2) Place clementines in a food processor; puree until smooth. Add eggs, honey, flour, salt, and baking soda; puree until smooth.
3) Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl; add cranberries, cherries, pecans, and pistachios. Mix well. Transfer to prepared pan and bake 450 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool 2 hours, slice, and serve.
Back to the Christmas Cake Recipes home page.