Christmas Apple Cake recipe
Freshly chopped apples make for a Christmas cake that's moist and naturally sweet.
¾ cup apple juice
1 cup currants
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cups finely chopped apples
½ cup brandy
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chopped pecans
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a Bundt pan.
2) Bring apple juice to a boil over high heat in a small pot; add currants, cover, and remove from heat. Soak 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with each addition. Add apples, brandy, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and nutmeg; beat. Add currants and soaking juice; beat. Add flour and soda and beat on a low speed until just mixed. Stir in pecans.
4) Transfer to prepared pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan; invert onto serving platter and cool completely before serving.
Back to the Christmas Cake Recipes home page.
- View a free printer-friendly PDF version of this recipe.
- Email a link to this recipe to a friend.
- Created your own christmas cake recipe? Submit it to this site and our food and drink network.