Coconut Christmas Cake recipe
This coconut cake recipe screams winter. It looks and tastes like the whitest snowfall on the whitest Christmas day.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
4 cups shredded coconut
2 cups prepared vanilla frosting
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour two 9-icn cake pans.
2) In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and beat well. Add coconut milk and almond; beat. Add dry ingredients and mix on lowest speed until just mixed. Stir in orange zest.
4) Transfer to prepared pans and bake 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan; invert onto plates and cool completely.
5) To assemble: Place one cake on serving platter. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over top; coat with coconut flakes. Place second cake atop; spread with frosting and coat with coconut flakes. Use remaining frosting to coat exterior of cake, including top and all sides. Use remaining shredded coconut to cover cake. Chill and serve.
Back to the Christmas Cake Recipes home page.
- View a free printer-friendly PDF version of this recipe.
- Email a link to this recipe to a friend.
- Created your own christmas cake recipe? Submit it to this site and our food and drink network.