Vanilla Rum Cake recipe
When you just don't have the time to make an elaborate Christmas cake, take a tasty shortcut by using packaged cake mix.
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (18-ounce) package vanilla cake mix
1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
¾ cup gold rum
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
½ cup butter
½ cup rum
½ cup maple syrup
1) Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Arrange pecans evenly along bottom of pan.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, rum, butter, cinnamon, and allspice. Pour batter over nuts in prepared pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cook 5 minutes and invert onto serving plate.
3) Prepare the glaze: Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Remove from heat and pour over cake. Cool, slice, and serve.
Back to the Christmas Cake Recipes home page.
- View a free printer-friendly PDF version of this recipe.
- Email a link to this recipe to a friend.
- Created your own christmas cake recipe? Submit it to this site and our food and drink network.